5nine Manager for Hyper-V, Free Edition, provides a local Graphical User Interface to Microsoft Hyper-V R2 server. It supports Hyper-V technology on Full and Core installations of Windows Server 2008 R2, as well as on Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2.
You can use it when Microsoft SCVMM, or even Hyper-V Manager are not available for Core or Free versions of Server 2008 R2. It also provides Value-Add functions, such as advanced network bindings, hardware profiling and monitoring for both Free/Core and Full Hyper-V installations. Certain Features, such as v-Network bindings management, or Guest Connection View are available for Full version of Server 2008 R2 / SP1, while require a 'Full' version of 5nine Manager for Hyper-V for Free Hyper-V or Server 2008 R2 Core installations.
Features and Benefits:
- Hyper-V Management – 5nine Manager for Hyper-V allows managing virtual machines, virtual hard disks and networks on both local and remote Hyper-V servers. Use 5nine Manager for Hyper-V to manage Hyper-V on Windows 2008 R2 core and Hyper-V Sever installations without resorting to remote management via the Microsoft Hyper-V Manager or Virtual Machine Manager Server. 5nine Manager for Hyper-V can also be used to administer Hyper-V R2 hosts joined to a domain that is managed by a guest operating system, thus overcoming cyclic dependency issues.
- Network Management – 5nine Manager for Hyper-V provides comprehensive virtual network management as well as the management of virtual connections and bindings. Use 5nine Manager for Hyper-V to troubleshoot and fix network connections and related problems that cannot be fixed via remote management. 5nine Manager for Hyper-V Virtual Network Manager also allows reviewing and editing virtual network ports used by the virtual network interfaces and guests.
- Secure your Hyper-V Hosts– 5nine Manager for Hyper-V does not extend a potential attack surface on managed Hyper-V servers and does not install or require any additional components.
- Simple and Easy to Use – 5nine Manager for Hyper-V offers a simple and easy to use User Interface that is familiar to most of Windows 2008 Server users. In addition to this, 5nine Manager for Hyper-V further simplifies the administration tasks on Windows 2008 core installations and Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 by providing a Graphical User Interface for file system views and operations.
- Maximize Host Performance - 5nine Manager for Hyper-V has a small memory footprint and does not consume any resources on managed Hyper-V servers when it is not running.
- Follow Best Practices – 5nine Manager for Hyper-V is a valuable tool for managing the virtualization stack on production environments that are utilizing Windows 2008 R2 Server core installations according to Microsoft Best Practices as well as the Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2.
- Guess what? VMware manages Hyper-V! ( just as a fling though)
- The free HyperV_Mon tool now support Windows Server 8 Hyper-V 3.0
- Evaluating RHEV 3.0 in a test environment
- CONTROLUP Review
- Hands on with Windows Thin PC and RemoteFX