Virtual Computer today announced the availability of NxTop 4. These are the new features.
NxTop 4 includes the following new capabilities:
- Hot-Desking on Stateless End-Points: Deployment option that provides fast near-native performance by harnessing the power of local execution while data is hosted on a storage array, providing a high-performance and low-cost alternative to server-hosted VDI for use cases such as hot-desking, or where data is not permitted to leave the data center.
- VMware vSphere/ESXi and Citrix Xen Support: Production support for a broad set of server virtualization platforms including VMware vSphere/ESXi and Citrix Xen, allowing IT departments to roll out NxTop management servers as appliances into their existing virtualized server infrastructure.
- Server VMs on PC Infrastructure: Ability to centrally create, provision, and patch virtual Server 2008 instances on PC infrastructure, enabling companies to leverage underutilized desktop PCs in remote offices to run server operating systems. Powerful shared image management capabilities allow for failsafe one-to-many patching with built-in rollback that eliminates the risk to production environments.
- Green Computing: Remote power management policies enable IT departments to control end-user laptop and desktop power usage from a central management interface, driving down power costs for end-point devices. Local execution dramatically reduces the need for server infrastructure even when data is hosted centrally in a storage array, slashing data center power and cooling costs.
- Large Scale Enterprise Installer: The large scale enterprise installer allows IT departments to install NxTop Engine to tens or hundreds of thousands of PCs in a distributed environment across any number of branch offices without visiting a single PC.
- 50+ Additional Enhancements: Ranging from accelerated data encryption optimized for Intel® vPro enabled processors to single-sign-on to advanced management capabilities for shared computers in training rooms and classrooms.