Quest announced the release of the vWorkspace Connector for Android version 1.1. Amongst other things it adds direct RDP support.
The vWorkspace Connector for Android provides AppPortal functionality so that users can connect to a vWorkspace farm and access their virtual desktops and published applications. The vWorkspace Connector for Android can also be used to connect directly to any RDP host, independent of a vWorkspace broker (farm).
Listed below are some of the new features, as well as the main features from the previous version:
- EOP Xtream - WAN acceleration to overcome effects of network latency on user experience.
- Enhanced On-screen Keyboard.
- Direct RDP Connections - Connect directly to a Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host or any Windows computer with no broker!
- Web Access Support.
- USB and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse support.
- Ability to automatically connect to a vWorkspace farm on startup.
- Welcome Wizard.
- Android 3.1 and 3.2 platform support.
Version 1.0 features
- Ability to connect and switch between Virtual Desktops and Terminal Server/RD Session Host.
- Simple, intuitive user interface.
- vWorkspace Secure Gateway support for remote access.
- EOP Graphics Acceleration.
- Ability to configure RDP performance options.
- Remote Audio.
- Ability to change the Connector wallpaper and choose a custom wallpaper (good for branding).
- On-Screen mouse for precise navigation.
- Application logging (good for troubleshooting).
- Built in help for easy assistance.
- Support for devices (cell phones and tablets) running Android 2.2, 2.3 and 3.0.