Leostream Announces Connection Broker 7.5 with Support for Citrix XenDesktop and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0
Leostream Corporation announced the general availability of Leostream Connection Broker 7.5 with support for Citrix XenDesktop 4.x installations and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0.
Highlights in Connection Broker 7.5 include:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 support: The Connection Broker 7.5 release includes a virtual appliance that installs directly onto the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor. New Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager centers allow the Connection Broker to natively inventory, power control, and assign virtual machines hosted in a Red Hat environment, as well as connect users to their virtual machines using the high-performance SPICE protocol.
- Citrix XenDesktop 4.x and HDX support: Connection Broker 7.5 allows organizations to manage existing XenDesktop farms inside a Leostream VDI, providing connections using HDX® technologies for users and expanding Leostream’s support for different use cases.
- Collaboration support for NoMachine NX: Connection Broker users with NX sessions can shadow other users’ sessions, providing advanced collaboration functionality in a VDI environment. Connection Broker 7.5 further expands its support for the NoMachine NX protocol with features that allow users to set and save NX session configurations.
- Proximity card support: Connection Broker 7.5 expands support for proximity card authentication solutions by including tight integration with Ensure Technologies XyLoc® workstation security solution RF Ideas pcProx® HID proximity readers.
- Desktop failover enhancements: New functionality associated with Leostream backup pools allows organizations to ensure that users always have access to a desktop, even if their primary desktop is in an unusable state.
In addition, Connection Broker 7.5 includes a suite of new policy, pooling, and protocol plan options that provide more control of user sessions.
- Leostream releases for Connection Broker 7.0
- Leostream goes DaaS, to Offer Windows and Linux Cloud Desktops
- Remote Desktop Server farms explained
- Cisco Updates UC Jabber to work better in desktop virtualization and Thin Clients
- RD Connection Broker Performance and Scalability