Earlier it was reported that Microsoft had quietly extended its official support for Windows Vista by five years, until April 2017. Now it appears that Microsoft has done the same thing with the current version of its PC operating system, Windows 7.
While its mainstream support is still scheduled to end on January 13, 2015,Windows 7's product support page now says it will offer extended support until January 14, 2020.
As with the Extended Support for Windows Vista, users of Windows 7 can expect to get security patches for the operating system for another eight years but don't expect to see massive patches for new features and content beyond January 13, 2015.
- Exploring the Windows 8 PC hardware requirements
- Tool to hide drives updated after 10 years
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 – RDP RemoteFX Update
- Microsoft to release free RDP Desktop apps for iOS, Android and OS X (updated with screenshots and features)
- Early test version available for System Center 2012 SP1 and Windows Server ‘8’ Beta