In a previous feature spotlight we talked about the User Workspace Context Feature of QWDV (vWorkspace) 7.6. That blog post detailed exactly what information User Workspace Context provided. In this blog post we will have a look at how IT can use that information to provide the best possible workspace for the user.
With QWDV (vWorkspace) 7.6 you have the ability to use part of the User Workspace Context in an advanced target. Specifically you can use the Connector Type, the Connector Version and the Web Access Site:
Our early discussions with customers about this functionality revealed many interesting scenarios for this feature, amongst the most interesting where
- the need to only allow access via Web Access
- Disallow the use of certain browsers for Web Access
- Limit access to certain applications from tablets
- To meet very strict SLAs, only allow certain connector types
The 'Connector Version' advanced target condition is great for customers who want to control which versions of the QWDV Connector can be used to access the user workspace.
This could be great for customers who have a (internal) support guideline that only supports certain version of the QWDV Connector or customers that want to allow access to a certain multimedia only from the latest QWDV Connector because of performance improvements.
Web Access Site name
The final new advanced target type condition allows customer to specify which Web Access site must be used in order to get access to a certain QWDV resource (application for example):
You can select from a list of Web Access sites that the QWDV farm hosts. This functionality has been in popular demand by our MSP customers who host multiple Web Access sites for multiple customers (on the same Web Access servers). This allows them to prevent customer A to use Web Access site B that is designated for customer B.
- User Workspace Context in QWDV (vWorkspace) 7.6 (part 1)
- Quest Workspace Desktop Virtualization (formerly vWorkspace) 7.6 Released!
- Product Release: Dell vWorkspace Connector for Linux version 7.6
- vWorkspace Connector for Macintosh OS X v. 7.5 Release Candidate
- vWorkspace Connector for Android version 1.2 Beta