Liquidware Labs,announced significant new features being released in ProfileUnity Flex App 5.5. ProfileUnity FlexApp 5.5 introduces optional FlexApp Department Installed Applications (DIA), a newly redesigned Admin user interface, tighter integration with Microsoft Active Directory, and numerous other significant new features.
New features are now available:
- FlexApp DIA Option – The optional DIA feature set has an intuitive Application Packaging Console and enables administrators to make applications available to users through unique patent-pending technologies which exhibit an unprecedented compatibility rate for virtualizing the installation of applications. FlexApp currently only supports non-persistent VDI environments but will be extended to physical and persistent environments next year.
- Blacklist and Whitelist Capabilities – Privilege Elevation features for FlexApp User Installed Applications have been expanded to include the ability blacklist and whitelist applications by name and signed certificate, and can be limited to a list of approved applications located in a file path.
- New Graphical User Interface –A completely new management console look-and-feel has been updated to function more like a control panel. The application still has all the advantages of being able to be run as a web console.
- Profile Cleanup – A profile cleanup function can be set to automatically delete the local version of profiles by scheduled intervals. This feature is especially helpful in Terminal Services or Citrix XenApp environments where profiles can consume large amounts of storage.
- Authentication and Automated Integration with Microsoft Active Directory -- ProfileUnity is now easier than ever to setup and administer. An enhanced Guided Configuration Wizard applies ProfileUnity Management to select groups automatically in AD. Additionally, ProfileUnity Administrative Access can now be controlled through AD groups.
- VHD Provisioning – Administrators will have the ability to provision VHD storage for users by using Context- Aware Filters to automatically provision a VHD to a specified storage area. The VHD can even be predetermined as expandable and be limited to a maximum size.