Quest has released a vWorkspace Connector for the Android platform.
1) What is the vWorkspace Connector for Android?
The Quest vWorkspace Connector for Android is the latest Connector from Quest that unifies desktop virtualization by allowing Quest vWorkspace users to securely access business applications, virtual desktops, and data from both cell phone and tablet Android devices.
2) How can I download and install the vWorkspace Connector for Android?
You can download the vWorkspace Connector for Android for FREE from the Android Market. The download package is approx. 20MB and the Connector requires just over 25MB of free storage to install and function.
3) What functionality will the vWorkspace Connector for Android provide?
The vWorkspace Connector for Android provides AppPortal functionality so that users can connect to a vWorkspace farm and access their virtual desktops and published applications.
- Ability to connect and switch between Virtual Desktops and Terminal Server/RD Session Host.
- Simple, intuitive user interface.
- vWorkspace Secure Gateway support for remote access.
- EOP Graphics Acceleration.
- Ability to configure RDP performance options.
- Remote Audio.
- Ability to change the Connector wallpaper and choose a custom wallpaper (good for branding).
- On-Screen mouse for precise navigation.
- Application logging (good for troubleshooting).
- Built in help for easy assistance.
- Support for devices (cell phones and tablets) running Android 2.2, 2.3 and 3.0.
4) Is this supported by Quest Support?
Yes. This is fully supported by Quest Technical Support. Cases can be raised via Quest SupportLink or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Where can I get the documentation for this release?
- Release notes (containing details of all known issues).
- User Guide.
- System Requirements.
- What’s New.
6) What devices or versions of Android will this work with?
The vWorkspace Connector for Android is designed to work on any Android device (tablet or phone) running Android 2.2, 2.3 or 3.0, irrespective of hardware manufacturer.
All we require is that the physical system requirements for the device are met. Please see the System Requirements document on quest.com for further information.
Note: The Connector is not supported on versions of Android prior to 2.2 (and may not install or work correctly).`