Quest has announced an update to their free Connector for Android. Let’s see what is new.
The vWorkspace Connector for Android provides AppPortal functionality so that users can connect to a vWorkspace farm and access their virtual desktops and published applications. The vWorkspace Connector for Android can also be used to connect directly to any RDP host, independent of a vWorkspace broker (farm).
Listed below are some of the new features, as well as the main features from the previous version:
- EOP Xtream - WAN acceleration to overcome effects of network latency on user experience.
- Enhanced On-screen Keyboard.
- Direct RDP Connections - Connect directly to a Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host or any Windows computer with no broker!
- Web Access Support.
- USB and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse support.
- Ability to automatically connect to a vWorkspace farm on startup.
- Welcome Wizard.
- Android 3.1 and 3.2 platform support.
Version 1.0 features
- Ability to connect and switch between Virtual Desktops and Terminal Server/RD Session Host.
- Simple, intuitive user interface.
- vWorkspace Secure Gateway support for remote access.
- EOP Graphics Acceleration.
- Ability to configure RDP performance options.
- Remote Audio.
- Ability to change the Connector wallpaper and choose a custom wallpaper (good for branding).
- On-Screen mouse for precise navigation.
- Application logging (good for troubleshooting).
- Built in help for easy assistance.
- Support for devices (cell phones and tablets) running Android 2.2, 2.3 and 3.0.